Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Montreal, Québec, Canada – Full Time
Immersion Corporation is a leading innovator in the creation and commercialization of touch feedback technologies. Touch feedback represents a completely new dimension in human-computer interaction that will significantly influence media, design, and mobile markets in the coming decade.
Immersion is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who will be a key contributor to Immersion’s mission of bringing touch to all aspects of human-computer interaction. This small, highly specialized leading-edge technology company, offers financial stability and technical challenge. Creativity and innovation are core drivers of the whole company.
The Engineering Division is a highly interdisciplinary team responsible for the development and deployment of new haptic technology. We are looking for talented people who thrive on solving challenging technical problems in an exciting new market space. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and stock options in a stimulating environment.
The successful candidate will grow in an organization whose values focus on the customer, innovation, integrity, and amazing people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as
business needs require):
- Reporting to the VP, Product, you will be responsible to help in the development and dissemination of Immersion “TouchSense” and automotive solutions.
- Taking new ideas from concept to product through your mechanical design is a key aspect of this position
- Working with CAD/FEA to design dynamic systems
- Performing computer-based analysis to reduce time to market.
- Contributing to advanced research concept in the field of haptics
- Interfacing with customers to bring innovative technology solutions to market
- Playing a key role working in cross-functional teams including mechanical engineering, electronics design, firmware and software development, the research team, marketing, business development, and external customers on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Capabilities Required to Perform the Job:
- BS/MS Mechanical
- 5+ years of related
mechanical engineering experience
- Strong experience in
designing machined, sheet metal and 3D printed thermoplastic parts required.
- Experience in dynamic,
vibratory system and small mechanism design.
- Knowledge of
manufacturing process such as die casting, injection molding and materials
(e.g. thermoplastics, metal, glass, etc…)
- 3+ years CAD design
experience is required particularly with surface modeling, large assembly
and BOM management, sheet metal, top-down design. Solidworks preferred.
- FEA analysis experience
is a must: Stress, modal and harmonics analysis using Ansys workbench or
with rapid prototyping using basic workshop tool and 3d printer.
- Some background in
product development is desirable.
- Familiarity with the
development process for mobile devices would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and
written communication skills are mandatory
- Training or experience
in mechanical design and the scientific method will help the candidate in this
- Comfortable working
closely with other engineering groups: electrical, firmware, software engineers
as well as the mechanical engineering team. Familiarity or experience
working with these skills would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently
is a must
- Some travel may be
required within North America as well as to Asia, Europe, and the Montreal
office. Travel of up to 10% required
- Candidate must be authorized to work in Canada with no restrictions and need for visa support
- This position is based in Montreal, Québec, Canada
Apply for the position:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.